23. (1) However, the Government may, by proclamation, upon the request of any corporation, declare applicable to such municipality certain provisions of the Cities and Towns Act (chapter C-19) as they will exist on the date of the coming into force of that proclamation. If necessary, the proclamation shall indicate which provisions of the Cities and Towns Act (Revised Statutes, 1964, chapter 193) or of the Cities and towns Act (chapter C-19) previously applicable are so replaced.
(2) The Government may also, in the same manner and on the same conditions, declare that certain provisions of the Cities and Towns Act, (Revised Statutes, 1964, chapter 193) or of the Cities and Towns Act (chapter C-19), which at the time of the coming into force of the proclamation will have ceased to exist will be inoperative, do not apply to a municipality.
(3) The proclamation made under the first paragraph must be tabled before the National Assembly if it is in session, within fifteen days of its adoption by the Government. If the proclamation is adopted while the National Assembly is not sitting, the proclamation must be tabled before it within fifteen days after the opening of the next session or resumption.
(4) The proclamation come into force on the fifteenth day of sitting following its tabling in accordance with subsection 3, unless before the tenth day of sitting a motion to cancel it is presented in the National Assembly.
(5) The amendments made by this proclamation have the same force and effect as if they had been made by an act.
(6) The Minister shall cause this proclamation to be published in the Gazette officielle du Québec with a notice indicating the date of its coming into force. The Québec Official Publisher must insert in each annual volume of the statutes of Québec a table indicating the date of the coming into force of any proclamation made before it is printed and the legislative provisions made applicable and those that cease to be so.
(7) Upon the coming into force of a proclamation, the provisions of the Cities and Towns Act (Revised Statutes, 1964, chapter 193) or of the Cities and Towns Act (chapter C-19) mentioned therein apply as they exist as of that date or cease to apply, as the case may be.