C-25.01 - Code of Civil Procedure

Full text
519. In a proceeding for the annulment of a marriage or a civil union, for separation from bed and board or as to property, for divorce or for the dissolution of a civil union, or for payment of a compensatory allowance, each spouse, as of right, may seize before judgment movable property belonging to that spouse whether it is in the hands of the other spouse or a third person. With the authorization of the court, each spouse may also seize property belonging to the other spouse for the share the spouse would be entitled to on the dissolution of the matrimonial or civil union regime; the court determines who is to be the custodian of the property so seized.
2014, c. 1, a. 519.