C-24.2 - Highway Safety Code

Full text
91.1. Any person holding a valid driver’s licence for the operation of a passenger vehicle issued outside Canada who settles in Québec may on request, if the administrative authority concerned has entered into a licence exchange agreement pursuant to section 629, exchange that licence, without undergoing a proficiency examination, for an equivalent driver’s licence issued by the Société.
However, the person must pass the proficiency examinations referred to in section 67 to obtain a licence to drive a motorcycle.
The Société may exempt a person from surrendering to the Société the licence issued in his or her country of origin.
2002, c. 29, s. 11.