4. The objects of the company are: (a) to promote the creation and development of undertakings engaged in the fields of
(1) book publishing;
(2) communication services, including television, radio, cable service, videotapes, audio-visual production, newspapers, periodicals and software;
(3) recording, video-recording and video-cassettes;
(4) performing arts, including theatre, entertainment, music, dance and singing;
(5) arts and crafts;
(6) immoveable cultural property;
(7) any nature designated by regulation of the Government;
(b) to contribute to the increase of the quality, genuineness and competitiveness of the productions of those undertakings, and to ensure their distribution.
Every draft regulation contemplated in subparagraph a of the first paragraph shall be published in the Gazette officielle du Québec with a notice that it will be submitted to the Government for adoption after the expiry of not less than sixty days following such publication.
The regulation contemplated in subparagraph a of the first paragraph comes into force on the day of the publication in the Gazette officielle du Québec of a notice indicating that it has been adopted by the Government, or, if amended by the latter, on the day of the publication of its final text, or on any later date fixed in the notice or final text.
1978, c. 24, s. 4; 1980, c. 11, s. 120; 1982, c. 14, s. 3; 1987, c. 71, s. 38.