6. This chapter does not apply
(1) to the public curator, to an advocate, a notary, a claims adjuster, an insurance representative, a bailiff, a sheriff, a trustee in bankruptcy, a liquidator, a sequestrator, a tutor, a curator, a testamentary executor, a trustee or a trust company in the exercise of his or its functions;
(2) to a director, partner or employee charged, in the carrying out of his functions, with the collection of the debts owing to the corporation, partnership or employer concerned;
(3) to a bank or a savings and credit union;
(4) to the collection, from a merchant, of a debt that arose from the operation of his business.