75. In addition to the powers and duties that may otherwise be assigned to him, the president is charged with the administration and general management of the Tribunal.
The duties of the president include
(1) fostering the participation of members in the formulation of guiding principles for the Tribunal so as to maintain a high level of quality and coherence of decisions;
(2) coordinating the activities of and assigning work to the members of the Tribunal who shall comply with his orders and directives in that regard; and
(3) seeing to the observance of standards of ethical conduct;
(4) promoting professional development of the members as regards the exercise of their functions;
(5) periodically evaluating the knowledge and skills of the members in the performance of their duties and their contribution to the processing of the cases before the Tribunal and to the achievement of the objectives of this Act;
(6) designating a member to coordinate the activities of the Tribunal in one or more regions and, if the volume of proceedings so requires, determining that the place of residence of that member is to be in one of those regions.
1996, c. 54, s. 75; 2005, c. 17, s. 12.