3. For the purposes of this Act, the following are public bodies:
(1) government departments;
(2) bodies whose expenditures are provided for, in whole or in part, in the budgetary estimates tabled in the National Assembly otherwise than under a transferred appropriation;
(3) bodies whose personnel is appointed in accordance with the Public Service Act (chapter F-3.1.1);
(4) bodies a majority of whose members or directors are appointed by the Government or by a minister and at least half of whose expenditures are borne directly or indirectly by the Consolidated Revenue Fund;
(5) school boards, the Comité de gestion de la taxe scolaire de l’île de Montréal, general and vocational colleges, and university institutions referred to in paragraphs 1 to 11 of section 1 of the Act respecting educational institutions at the university level (chapter E-14.1); (6) health and social services agencies and public institutions governed by the Act respecting health services and social services (chapter S-4.2), legal persons and joint procurement groups referred to in section 383 of that Act, the Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay established under the Act respecting health services and social services for Cree Native persons (chapter S-5) and health communication centres within the meaning of the Act respecting pre-hospital emergency services (chapter S-6.2);
(7) the Agence métropolitaine de transport; and
(8) any other body designated by the Government.
The following are considered to be public bodies:
(1) a person appointed or designated by the Government or a minister, together with the personnel directed by the person, in the exercise of the functions assigned to the person by the Act, the Government or a minister;
(2) a private institution under agreement governed by the Act respecting health services and social services or the Act respecting health services and social services for Cree Native persons; and
(3) any other person, partnership or association designated as a health and social service provider by the Minister of Health and Social Services or the Government.