28. In respect of health and social service providers, the objects of the Société are to
(1) own movable and immovable property used or to be used by health and social service providers;
(2) provide financial support to health and social service providers for carrying out projects, activities or particular operations falling within the scope of their mission;
(3) at the request of the Minister of Health and Social Services, transfer the ownership of any vacant immovable or other unused asset owned by the Société under subparagraph 1, subject to the conditions agreed between that Minister and the Société; and
(4) carry out any other mandate the Minister of Health and Social Services entrusts to it.
For those purposes, it may, among other things, exercise its powers under paragraphs 1 to 3 of section 27, except the power to maintain an immovable occupied by a public or private institution under agreement within the meaning of the Act respecting health services and social services (chapter S-4.2) and the Act respecting health services and social services for Cree Native persons (chapter S-5).
Section 260, paragraph 3 of section 263 and sections 263.1 and 264 of the Act respecting health services and social services apply, with the necessary modifications, to the immovable property operations the Société carries out under this section.
For the purposes of this Act, public health and social services institutions, the Nunavik Regional Board of Health and Social Services and regional councils governed by the Act respecting health services and social services or the Act respecting health services and social services for Cree Native persons and any other person or entity referred to in subparagraphs 2 and 3 of the second paragraph of section 3 are health and social service providers.
2013, c. 23, s. 28; 2017, c. 212017, c. 21, s. 821.