68. The bureau shall see that child day care of good quality is provided; it shall also see to the promotion of a harmonious development of day care with the other family policies.
It shall supervise the carrying out of this act and the regulations; for that purpose, it shall, in particular,
(1) identify, after consultation with the interested persons and bodies, the priorities and needs of the population and the existing resources in matters of child day care;
(2) maintain an information system comprising statistical data in the fields contemplated in this act and the regulations;
(3) prepare and distribute information on child day care;
(4) carry out or cause to be carried out studies and research on child day care;
(5) work towards the assessment, preparation and revision of policies in child day care by publishing its studies and research;
(6) coordinate and promote the organization and development of child day care in order to facilitate its access to the whole population;
(7) promote the implementation of training and proficiency courses for persons engaged in child day care;
(8) offer technical and professional support to bodies and persons engaged or wishing to engage in child day care;
(9) every year, establish a development plan of the resources to be created, as identified after the consultations provided for in paragraph 1;
(10) make the necessary recommendations so that the development of child day care is well integrated into the programmes and resources already existing in the sector of early childhood.