68.5. A monetary administrative penalty of $1,000 in the case of a natural person or $5,000 in other cases may be imposed on any person who
(1) fails to comply with section 8 or 10;
(2) establishes, enlarges or operates a contaminated soil storage site or a contaminated soil transfer station without holding a certificate of authorization referred to in section 12 or 33;
(3) fails to treat all runoff liquid from the contaminated soils in accordance with the first paragraph of section 24 or section 45;
(4) fails to have a characterization study of the land performed within 6 months after operations of a contaminated soil storage site or a contaminated soil transfer station have permanently ceased in accordance with the third paragraph of section 27 or 62.
The penalty provided for in the first paragraph may also be imposed on any person who fails, on the conditions provided for in that paragraph, to inform the Minister
(1) of the recovery of the soils referred to in section 9 following an accidental spill;
(2) of the date on which a contaminated soil storage site or a contaminated soil transfer station ceases its operations in accordance with the first paragraph of section 27 or 62;
(3) of the excess of the values referred to in section 60 and to indicate to the Minister the remedial measures taken or to be taken.