150. The authorization holder who collects a sample of the drilling core must determine, in particular, the porosity, permeability, lithology and content in total organic carbon of the geological formation.
For the well sections that are not cored, a cutting sample must be collected, unless the holder demonstrates that an adjacent wellbore has already been sampled and the spatial variability makes the sampling of the stratigraphic survey unnecessary.
Cutting samples must be collected at the following intervals:
(1) every 25 m, from the top of the rock to a true vertical depth of 50 m above the shallowest anticipated petroleum objective;
(2) in the case of vertical and directional wells, every 5 m from a true vertical depth of 50 m above the shallowest anticipated petroleum objective to the final depth;
(3) in the case of horizontal wells, every 5 m from a true vertical depth of 50 m above the shallowest anticipated petroleum objective to the reaching of an 80° angle in relation to the vertical, then the interval is 10 m to the final depth.
Cutting samples must be collected in such a manner as to fill
(1) a 10-ml flask of cuttings washed and dried beforehand; samples from the layer of unconsolidated deposits must not be washed; and
(2) a 500-g bag of cuttings dried beforehand.
1251-2018O.C. 1251-2018, s. 150.