1. The Mountain Code of Conduct, hereinafter called the Code, shall be posted at the ticket office of the centre and near the boarding area of each ski lift. The Code is as follows:
MOUNTAIN CODE OF CONDUCT
Code adopted under the Act respecting safety in sports (chapter S-3.1)
This Code applies to all persons practising snow sports.
1. Remain in control of your speed and direction. Make sure you can stop and avoid any person or obstacle.
2. Yield the right of way to persons downhill and choose a course that ensures their safety.
3. Stop on a trail only if you are visible from above and if you are not obstructing the trail.
4. Yield the right of way to persons uphill when entering a trail and at intersections.
5. If you are involved in or witness an accident, remain at the scene and identify yourself to a first-aider.
6. Use and wear at all times a proper device to prevent runaway equipment.
7. Keep out of the lifts and trails if your ability is impaired through use of alcohol or drugs.
8. Obey all signs and warnings and never venture off the trails or onto a closed trail.
All other rules of conduct that the operator imposes on Alpine skiers as well as the sanctions he intends to impose on Alpine skiers who violate the code of conduct and all other rules and, where applicable, the duration of the sanctions shall be posted up at the same places as the code of conduct. The rules and sanctions shall not be incorporated into the text of the code of conduct.