46. Every emitter or participant registered in the system, except an emitter or a participant whose accounts have been suspended or revoked for a reason other than a failure to cover the GHG emissions of a covered establishment, may take part in an auction of emission units.
For that purpose, the emitter or participant must, at least 30 days before the date of the auction, register with the Minister as a bidder by submitting the following information and documents:
(1) the emitter or participant’s name, contact information and general account number;
(2) if the emitter or participant is not a natural person, the names of its account representatives;
(3) if the participant is a natural person, the person’s social insurance number;
(4) the form of the financial guarantee that will be submitted pursuant to section 48.
Every emitter or participant registered as a bidder at an auction in accordance with the second paragraph remains registered for future auctions unless a cancellation of the registration is requested.
In all cases, an emitter or participant registered at an auction must confirm, at least 30 days before the date of each auction, or update, at least 40 days before the date of each auction, the information and documents referred to in the second paragraph and in sections 7 to 12, failing which the emitter’s or participant’s registration for the auction will be cancelled.
O.C. 1297-2011, s. 46; O.C. 1184-2012, s. 29.