In force: 2020-12-31
224. The following activities are exempted from authorization pursuant to this Division on the conditions set out in the second paragraph:
(1) the establishment and extension of a storm water management system outside the urbanization perimeter of a municipality;
(2) the establishment and extension of a storm water management system when the watershed of the receiving environment established at the discharge point contains more than 65% forest cover by area, and less than 10% by area within the urbanization perimeter of a municipality;
(3) the establishment and extension of a storm water management system with a drained area, as calculated at the discharge point, equal to or less than 2 ha and an impermeable surface of no more than 1 ha;
(4) the establishment and extension of a storm water management system draining a single lot on which a single principal building is erected;
(5) the installation, modification and extension of a storm water management system as part of a project for a new road layout implemented by the minister responsible for the Act respecting roads (chapter V-9) when the addition of impermeable surfaces involves an area of less than 1 ha. The following conditions apply to the activities referred to in the first paragraph:
(1) the specifications for the work are prepared in accordance with the standard specification BNQ 1809-300 or at least meet the requirements of that specification for the work concerned;
(2) the storm water management system does not feed into a sewer system;
(3) the storm water drained by the system or extension does not come from a high-risk site;
(4) if storm water is infiltrated into the soil, the bottom of the works used for infiltration is situated at least 1 m above bedrock level and above the seasonal peak groundwater level established on the basis of the oxidation-reduction level observed;
(5) the wastewater does not come into contact with a wetland via surface runoff.
An activity referred to in subparagraph 2 of the first paragraph must also meet the conditions set out in subparagraph 4 of the first paragraph of section 225.
871-2020O.C. 871-2020, s. 224.