In force: 2020-12-31
116. In addition to the general content prescribed by section 16, every application for authorization for an activity referred to in paragraph 1 or subparagraph a of paragraph 3 of section 113 must include the following supplemental information and documents:
(1) a copy of the title of ownership, lease or other document giving the applicant rights to the surface mineral substance in the sand pit or quarry;
(2) the plan required by subparagraph 1 of the second paragraph of section 17 showing the site and the surrounding environment within a radius of 600 m;
(3) a cross section showing the topography of the land and the surface mineral substances to be extracted, except in the case of a sand pit located on land in the domain of the State;
(4) when the activity involves operations below the water table, a hydrogeological study;
(5) a plan for the rehabilitation or restoration of the quarry or sand pit in accordance with Chapter VIII of the Regulation respecting sand pits and quarries (chapter Q-2, r. 7.1);
(6) a predictive noise study when the sand pit or quarry is located within the distances set out in the first paragraph of section 25 of the Regulation respecting sand pits and quarries.
In addition to the general content prescribed by section 16, every application for authorization for an activity referred to in subparagraph b of paragraph 3 of section 113 must include the plan referred to in subparagraph 5 of the first paragraph.
When several persons or municipalities wish to extract non-consolidated surface mineral substances from a sand pit, the owner of the site is responsible for filing the application for authorization.
871-2020O.C. 871-2020, s. 116.