109. The construction and operation of an alkaline hydrolysis establishment for human and animal remains are eligible for a declaration of compliance on the following conditions:
(1) the alkaline hydrolysis process of the establishment achieves a temperature equal to or greater than 150 °C and a pressure equal to or greater than 400 kPa;
(2) the establishment is equipped with a pH measurement system coupled with a temperature probe;
(3) the wastewater from the alkaline hydrolysis process is discharged into a system to filter and neutralize aqueous waste that includes a grease trap to recover body fat;
(4) the discharge point for the wastewater is connected directly to a sewer system governed by the Regulation respecting municipal wastewater treatment works (chapter Q-2, r. 34.1).