In force: 2020-12-30
27. Vehicle operators must have with them the following documents and show them on request, in paper form or otherwise, to any person authorized to request them: (1) the vehicle registration certificate required under the Highway Safety Code (chapter C-24.2);
(2) the driver’s licence required under section 16 and, if the operator is 16 or 17 years of age, the training certificate required under that section;
(3) the civil liability insurance certificate;
(4) a document providing proof of age; and
(5) where applicable on a trail, proof of payment of the access fee for the trail.
In the case of a loan or lease for a period of less than one year made by a person as part of their business, the operator must also carry a document evidencing the term of the loan or a copy of the contract of lease.