11. The Minister shall elaborate and propose to the Government policies regarding, in particular,
(1) the protection of ecosystems and biodiversity;
(2) the prevention, abatement or elimination of water, air and soil contamination;
(3) (subparagraph repealed);
(4) the establishment and management of aquatic reserves, biodiversity reserves, ecological reserves and man-made landscapes;
(5) the protection of threatened or vulnerable plant species;
(6) the development and carrying out of activities related to observation and knowledge of nature.
The Minister is responsible for ensuring the implementation of the policies and coordinating their application.
1994, c. 17, s. 11; 1999, c. 36, s. 139; 2002, c. 74, s. 82; 2020, c. 19, s. 21.