2. For the purposes of this Act, the following are public bodies, which form the Public Administration for the purposes of this Act:
(1) government departments;
(2) the budget-funded bodies listed in Schedule 1 to the Financial Administration Act (chapter A-6.001), except those referred to in subparagraph 5, and the Sûreté du Québec;
(3) the bodies other than budget-funded bodies listed in Schedule 2 to that Act, except those referred to in subparagraph 5, as well as the Commission des normes, de l’équité, de la santé et de la sécurité du travail, the Conseil de gestion de l’assurance parentale in the performance of its fiduciary functions, Retraite Québec and the Société de l’assurance automobile du Québec in the performance of its fiduciary functions;
(4) school service centres, school boards and the Comité de gestion de la taxe scolaire de l’île de Montréal;
(4.1) general and vocational colleges and the educational institutions at the university level listed in paragraphs 1 to 11 of section 1 of the Act respecting educational institutions at the university level (chapter E-14.1); (5) public institutions governed by the Act respecting health services and social services (chapter S-4.2), the health and social services network insurance manager referred to in section 435.1 of that Act, the Nunavik Regional Board of Health and Social Services established under section 530.25 of that Act, the Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay established under the Act respecting health services and social services for Cree Native persons (chapter S-5), health communication centres within the meaning of the Act respecting pre-hospital emergency services (chapter S-6.2), the Health and Welfare Commissioner, the Corporation d’urgences-santé, Héma-Québec, the Institut national d’excellence en santé et en services sociaux, the Institut national de santé publique du Québec, the Office des personnes handicapées du Québec and the Régie de l’assurance maladie du Québec; and
(6) other bodies designated by the Government.
Persons designated or appointed by the Government or a minister and listed in Schedules 1 and 2 to the Financial Administration Act, together with the personnel directed by them, are considered to be budget-funded bodies and bodies other than budget-funded bodies, respectively, in the exercise of the functions assigned to them by law or by the Government or the Minister.
2011, c. 19, s. 2; 2013, c. 28, s. 134; 2015, c. 15, s. 237; 2015, c. 20, s. 61; 2017, c. 21, s. 78; 2017, c. 28, s. 211; 2020, c. 1, s. 309124; 2020, c. 2, s. 321; 2021, c. 22, s. 21.