309. The returning officer shall appoint an officer in charge of information and order at every place where a polling station is located.
The officer in charge of information and order shall have the following duties in particular:
(1) to receive the electors and direct them towards the polling station corresponding to their polling subdivision;
(2) to ensure accessibility to the polling stations and facilitate circulation therein;
(3) to ensure that only one person at a time is admitted to a polling station;
(4) to ensure that only the electors present on the premises of a polling station at closing time are admitted to exercise their right to vote;
(5) to ensure that only persons authorized to be present on the premises of a polling station are present;
(6) to inform the returning officer of any situation requiring his intervention.