99.Not later than forty-four days before polling day, the returning officer shall give a public notice setting forth the following particulars:
(1) every office on the council that is open for nominations;
(2) the places, days and hours for filing nomination papers;
(3) the fact that where two or more candidates are nominated for the same office, an advance poll and a poll will be held to elect one of them;
(4) the date of the advance poll and the opening and closing times of the polling station or stations on that day;
(5) the date of polling day and the opening and closing times of the polling station or stations on that day;
(6) the name of the election clerk;
(6.1) the names of the returning officer’s assistants who are authorized to receive nomination papers, where applicable;
(7) the telephone number of the office of the returning officer and, where applicable, the telephone numbers of the offices of the returning officer’s assistants.
The returning officer shall transmit to the chief electoral officer a certified copy of the notice of election.
1987, c. 57, s. 99; 2001, c. 25, s. 83; 2002, c. 37, s. 152.
Please refer to the Regulation amending certain municipal provisions to facilitate the conduct of the municipal general election of November 7, 2021, in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, (2021) 153 G.O. 2, 1307B.