62. The board of directors shall have the general supervision of the order and the management and supervision of the conduct of its affairs. It shall be responsible for carrying out the decisions of the order and those of the general meeting, and shall ensure the related follow-up. The board of directors shall also see to the application of this Code, the Act or the letters patent constituting the order, the amalgamation or integration order and the regulations made under this Code or such Act. It shall exercise all the rights, powers and prerogatives of the order, except those within the competence of the members of the order in general meeting. Unless otherwise provided by this Code or such Act, it shall exercise them by resolution.
The board of directors shall, in particular,
(1) see to the pursuit of the order’s mission;
(2) determine the order’s strategic directions;
(3) rule on the order’s strategic choices;
(4) adopt the order’s budget;
(5) adopt effective, efficient and transparent governance policies and practices; and
(6) see to the integrity of internal control rules, including risk management rules, and ensure the viability and sustainability of the order.
The board of directors shall draw on the governance guidelines determined by the Office after consultation with the Interprofessional Council.
1973, c. 43, s. 61; 1994, c. 40, s. 53; 1998, c. 14, s. 7; 2008, c. 11, s. 1, s. 37; 2017, c. 11, s. 3211.