12.0.1. The Office must determine, by regulation and after consultation with the Interprofessional Council, the standards of ethics and professional conduct applicable to directors on a professional order’s board of directors.
The regulation must
(1) state the ethics- and integrity-based values and principles that must guide directors in understanding the standards of ethics and professional conduct applicable to them;
(2) determine the duties and obligations of directors, including those they must comply with after the expiry of their terms, and the time for which they are bound by those duties and obligations;
(3) regulate or prohibit practices related to the remuneration of directors;
(4) require the board of directors to establish, in conformity with the standards determined by the Office, a code of ethics and professional conduct applicable to its members that takes into account the mission of the order, the values underlying its actions and its general management principles;
(5) establish the procedure governing examinations of and inquiries into conduct that may contravene the standards determined by the Office and those of the code of ethics and professional conduct, prescribe appropriate penalties and designate the authorities that are to determine or impose such penalties; and
(6) determine the cases in and procedure according to which directors may be temporarily relieved of their duties.
The regulation may, on the conditions it determines, extend the jurisdiction of an authority within an order or of its members to include the jurisdiction under subparagraph 5 of the second paragraph.