276. The Agence nationale d’encadrement du secteur financier established under section 1 of the Act respecting the Agence nationale d’encadrement du secteur financier is responsible for the administration of this Act and shall discharge the functions and exercise the powers specified thereunder.
In addition, the Agency’s mission is
(1) to promote efficiency in the securities market;
(2) to protect investors against unfair, improper or fraudulent practices;
(3) to regulate the information that must be disclosed to security holders and to the public in respect of persons engaging in the distribution of securities and in respect of the securities issued by these persons;
(4) to define a framework for the activities of the professionals of the securities market and organizations responsible for the operation of a stock market.
1982, c. 48, s. 276; 2002, c. 45, s. 644.