30. The Commission may suspend the right of a registered person to put a heavy vehicle into operation or operate a heavy vehicle on roads open to public vehicular traffic if
(1) the person provided false or inaccurate information to the Commission;
(2) the person was convicted within the past three years of an indictable offence related to the use of a heavy vehicle;
(3) one of the person’s directors, partners, officers or employees was convicted within the past five years of an indictable offence related to the use of a heavy vehicle with respect to which a pardon has not been granted;
(4) the person refuses to allow a place of business inspection to be conducted or hinders the work of a person authorized under this Act, the Highway Safety Code (chapter C‐24.2) or the Transport Act (chapter T‐12) to make such an inspection.
In the cases described in the first paragraph, the Commission shall indicate in the register that the person’s right to put a heavy vehicle into operation or operate a heavy vehicle has been suspended.
1998, c. 40, s. 30; 2005, c. 39, s. 17.