7.For the purpose of drawing up the comprehensive plan, the Minister
(1) prepares, based on the information and comments provided by energy distributors and government departments and based on the Minister’s own observations and assessments, a status report which allows energy efficiency and innovation needs and potential to be determined;
(2) prepares a consultation document, which includes the status report as well as the policy directions and priorities the Minister intends to pursue with regard to energy efficiency and innovation;
(3) consults the persons and bodies to whom those policy directions and priorities are to be applicable;
(4) establishes policy directions and priorities with regard to energy efficiency and innovation and communicates them to energy distributors and government departments so that they may follow them in preparing any programs or measures under the comprehensive plan; and
(5) develops fuel efficiency programs and measures, multi-source-energy programs and measures, and energy innovation programs and measures.