65. In dealing with clients and executing the mandates clients entrust to them, dealers, advisers and representatives must act with honesty and loyalty, and exercise all the care that may be expected of a knowledgeable professional in the same circumstances.
To that end, dealers, advisers and representatives must take the necessary means to obtain or confirm such information about a client as will enable them to
(1) properly determine the client’s identity;
(2) assess the client’s needs;
(3) recommend a derivatives product or a related service that suits those needs; and
(4) determine whether the trade they are being asked to carry out is in keeping with the rules and principles governing their business.