400. The chief electoral officer shall grant an authorization to an independent candidate who applies therefor in writing and furnishes the following information:
(1) his name, the address of his domicile and his telephone number;
(2) the name of the municipality for whose council he is a candidate;
(3) the address to which communications intended for him must be sent;
(4) the address where the books and accounts pertaining to the funds he will receive as a candidate, the expenses he will incur and the loans he will contract are to be kept;
(5) the name, address and telephone number of his official representative, unless the candidate designates himself as his official agent and representative, in which case that fact must be indicated.
During the period for filing nomination papers, the application for authorization may be filed at the same time as a nomination paper.
The authorization is valid only in respect of the municipality mentioned in the application.
1987, c. 57, s. 400; 2005, c. 28, s. 93; 2009, c. 11, s. 45.