368. The chief electoral officer shall, in particular,
(1) authorize parties and independent candidates;
(2) verify that the parties and candidates are complying with this chapter;
(3) give directives on the carrying out of this chapter;
(4) receive, examine and, if necessary, audit the reports and returns filed with the Chief Electoral Officer;
(5) (subparagraph repealed).
The Chief Electoral Officer shall have access to all the books, accounts and documents relating to the financial business of the parties and candidates.
At the request of the Chief Electoral Officer, parties or candidates must furnish any information required for the purposes of this chapter within 30 days.
1987, c. 57, s. 368; 1999, c. 25, s. 36; 2009, c. 11, s. 39; 2010, c. 35, s. 19; 2011, c. 38, s. 36.