5. A licence application must be filed together with the fee determined by regulation and filed by the director, officer or partner of the money-services business who is acting as the business’s respondent for the purposes of this Act.
The respondent must
(1) be 18 years of age or over;
(2) not be under tutorship, curatorship or advisership;
(3) be domiciled in Québec or have a place of business or a place of work in Québec; and
(4) meet any other condition set by regulation.
If the money-services business is not constituted under the laws of Québec and does not have its head office or an establishment in Québec, it must appoint a respondent in Québec who meets the requirements of the second paragraph. Such a respondent need not be a director, an officer or a partner of the business but must be able to properly exercise a respondent’s functions with the Authority.
The money-services business must give such a respondent access, at the business’s head office and in all its establishments, to the information and documents needed to exercise the respondent’s functions.
2010, c. 40, Sch. I, s. 5.