106. (1) The by-law contemplated in section 100 and every by-law amending, replacing or repealing it comes into force at the end of a delay of six months after it has been passed, subject to subsections 4 and 5.
(2) Within thirty days after the by-law contemplated in subsection 1 is passed, the secretary of the Community shall send a certified copy of it to the Minister and, within the same delay, every municipality may send the Minister a written petition stating the grounds for its opposition to the by-law and submitting the amendments it proposes thereto.
Upon receipt of the petition contemplated in the first paragraph, the Minister may require the Commission municipale du Québec to hold a public hearing to hear the persons concerned, and report to him.
The Minister may thereafter notify the Community of the amendments he deems it expedient to make to the by-law within the period of time he fixes. He shall not fix a period of time ending after the coming into force of the by-law.
(3) The Government may, at any time, inform the Community of the amendments to a by-law contemplated in subsection 1 that it deems it advisable to make within the period of time it fixes. If the by-law is not in force when the Government so informs the Community, it shall not fix a period of time ending after such coming into force.
(4) Subsection 2 does not apply to a by-law passed within the time fixed for the sole purpose of making the amendments suggested by the Minister or the Government. However, the secretary of the Community shall send the Minister a certified copy thereof.
If this by-law is passed before the coming into force of the by-law it amends, it comes into force at the same time as the latter.
(5) Should the Community fail to make, within the fixed period of time, the amendments suggested by the Minister or the Government, the latter may make such amendments and publish them in the Gazette officielle du Québec. Such amendments come into force on the date of such publication or on any later date fixed by the Government. They are deemed to have been made by the Community.