A-18.1 - Sustainable Forest Development Act
218. The timber seized or the proceeds of its sale must be released to the person from whom the timber was seized or to a person entitled to the timber or proceeds
(1) as soon as the public servant, after verification, reaches the opinion that no offence was committed under this Act or the regulations;
(2) as soon as the public servant is notified that no proceedings will be instituted in relation to the seized timber or that the timber will not be introduced as evidence;
(3) at the expiry of the retention period; or
(4) when a release order becomes enforceable.