C-27 - Labour Code

Full text
54. At any stage of the negotiations, either of the parties may request the Minister to designate a conciliation officer to assist them in reaching an agreement.
Notice of such request must be given to the other party on the same day.
Upon receiving such request, the Minister must designate a conciliation officer.
R. S. 1964, c. 141, s. 42; 1977, c. 41, s. 36.
54. If the negotiations have been carried on unsuccessfully for thirty days or if either party believes that they will not be completed within a reasonable time, each party may so notify the Minister indicating the difficulties encountered.
Such notification shall be communicated at the same time to the other party.
R. S. 1964, c. 141, s. 42.