3. This Act does not apply to funeral operations carried out by (1) the Chief Coroner, coroners in the exercise of their functions under the Act respecting the determination of the causes and circumstances of death (chapter R‑0.2) or transportation service providers or persons acting under the Chief Coroner’s or a coroner’s authority; (2) members in good standing of a professional order governed by the Professional Code (chapter C‑26) in the practice of their profession;
(3) educational institutions, persons who teach in a post-secondary funeral science program that is recognized for the purpose of obtaining an embalmer’s licence, or their students when they are acting for the purposes of their studies and are supervised by those persons or by a licensed embalmer;
(4) persons who apply makeup to, style the hair of or dress a body when they are acting under the supervision of a licensed embalmer; or
(5) any other person or category of persons exempted by government regulation.
Nor does this Act apply to
(1) institutions, subject to the provisions regarding unclaimed bodies;
(2) ambulance service permit holders; or
(3) measures prescribed, in the interests of justice, by judicial authorities or the persons that execute such measures.