24. The following persons are exempted from payment of the premium for a given month:
(1) a child in whose respect parental authority, during that month, was exercised by a person to whom paragraph 1, 3 or 4 of section 15 applies, or would have been exercised had the child been a minor;
(2) a person suffering from a functional impairment who, during that month, was domiciled with a person to whom section 15 applies;
(3) a person to whom paragraph 2 or 3 of section 15 applies;
(4) persons 65 years of age or over receiving 94% or more of the maximum amount of the monthly guaranteed income supplement under the Old Age Security Act (Revised Statutes of Canada, 1985, chapter O-9).