3. No sleigh or trailer shall be towed by an off-highway vehicle unless it is equipped with the following regulatory equipment:
(0.1) one red tail-light;
(1) one red stop light at the rear;
(2) two red reflectors at the rear as far apart as practicable;
(3) two red left and right side reflectors situated at an equal distance from the front and the rear;
(4) a rigid tow bar designed to prevent overturning or swerving, which pivots 90 degrees on either side and allows pitching without compromising the overall stability;
(5) any other equipment determined by regulation.
Subparagraph 0.1 of the first paragraph applies only to sleighs or trailers built after 1 January 2015.
Subparagraph 1 of the first paragraph applies only to a sleigh or trailer towed by an off-highway vehicle built after 1 January 1998.
1996, c. 60, s. 3; 2014, c. 12, s. 5.