Notwithstanding the foregoing, an off-highway vehicle may
(1) be operated on the roadway for a maximum distance of one kilometre provided it is operated by a worker for whom the vehicle is necessary for the purposes of the work he is performing and provided that the worker complies with the highway traffic rules;
(2) cross a road at the place where a crossing for off-highway vehicles is indicated by a road sign or signal;
(3) be operated off the roadway and ditch area, with or against the flow of vehicular traffic, on the conditions fixed by regulation;
(4) be operated on the roadway, where authorized by a road sign or signal, for a maximum distance of one kilometre to reach a trail referred to in section 15, a service station or another area open to the public as a rest area, if the layout of the right-of-way does not allow operation off the roadway and ditch area, if all other access to those locations is obstructed, provided that the operator complies with the highway traffic rules;
(5) be operated on a road with the authorization of the maintenance authority and on the conditions it determines if the road is closed to vehicular traffic owing to exceptional events or atmospheric conditions; and
(6) be operated on all or part of a road maintained by the Minister or a municipality and determined by a regulation of the Minister or a by-law of the municipality, on the conditions, during the periods of time and for the types of vehicle determined in the regulation or by-law, provided that the operator complies with the highway traffic rules.