18. The objects of the Société are
(1) to administer, operate and develop, alone or jointly with others, the recreational or touristic installations, immovables or territories that are transferred to it under this Act;
(2) to devise, erect, administer, operate and develop, alone or jointly with others, any other recreational or touristic installation, immovable or territory;
(3) to operate, subject to the conditions set out in the Parks Act (chapter P-9), the Act respecting the Saguenay-St. Lawrence Marine Park (chapter P-8.1) or the Act respecting the conservation and development of wildlife (chapter C-61.1), and in a manner consistent with the policies established by the Minister of Natural Resources, Wildlife and Parks, all parks situated south of the territories covered by the Act respecting hunting and fishing rights in the James Bay and New Québec territories (chapter D-13.1) and wildlife reserves; the management costs calculated according to the method determined by the Government are borne by the Government to the extent it determines.
For those purposes, the Société may, in particular
(1) acquire by agreement any movable or immovable property, or any part of an immovable or real right;
(2) accept any gift or legacy that is of special interest to the Société in the pursuit of its objects;
(3) build, lease, maintain and hold any movable or immovable property;
(4) sell, alienate, transfer by lease or otherwise, or give as security any movable or immovable property and any rights therein;
(5) equip and furnish immovables;
(6) associate, enter into agreements or contract with any person, Société or government.