5. The Société is administered by a board of directors consisting of 15 members, including the chair and the president and chief executive officer. At least eight of the members, including the chair, must qualify as independent directors in the opinion of the Government.
The Government shall appoint the members of the board other than the chair and the president and chief executive officer, based on the expertise and experience profiles approved by the board, after consultation with bodies considered by the Minister to be representative of the sectors concerned by the activities of the Société. The members are appointed for a term of up to four years and are chosen as follows:
(1) two persons active in the field of cinema or television production;
(2) two persons active in the field of sound recording or variety shows;
(3) two persons active in the book industry or in the field of specialized publishing;
(4) two persons active in the field of fine crafts;
(5) two persons active in a cultural field other than those referred to in subparagraphs 1 to 4; and
(6) three persons active in a field other than a cultural field.
1994, c. 21, s. 5; 2007, c. 13, s. 1.