36. The audit committee is composed of three independent members of the board of directors, one of whom must have accounting or financial expertise. That person must be a member of the professional order of accountants mentioned in the Professional Code (chapter C-26). The functions of the committee include
(1) approving the annual internal audit plan;
(2) examining the financial statements of the Commission and of the pension plans with the Auditor General;
(3) recommending the approval of pension plan financial statements by the pension committee concerned if the function of that committee is to approve them; and
(4) recommending the approval by the board of the financial statements of the Commission and of the pension plans except the pension plan financial statements approved by the pension committee concerned.
If the function of the pension committee of a plan is to approve the financial statements, the meeting of the audit committee of the board concerning the submission and examination of those financial statements is held in the presence of four members of the pension committee, namely two representatives of the participants and beneficiaries under the plan and two representatives of the Government. Those members are not entitled to vote.
2006, c. 49, s. 36; 2012, c. 11, s. 32.