26. Board members are designated by the local municipalities of the North Shore and the South Shore in accordance with the following rules:
(1) the Network’s secretary convenes a meeting of the mayors of the local municipalities of the North Shore and a meeting of the mayors of the local municipalities of the South Shore;
(2) at the beginning of the meeting, the mayors table a resolution of their respective councils giving the names of the candidates proposed by the council for each of the positions concerned;
(3) the mayors may, at the beginning of the meeting, decide on the procedure for breaking a tie vote;
(4) each mayor has a number of votes corresponding to the proportion that the population of the municipality of which he or she is the mayor is of the population of the territory composed of the territories of the municipalities of the group;
(5) the secretary establishes the nomination and voting procedure:
(a) he or she organizes as many ballots as there are members to be elected and may establish rules before beginning the process to ensure that the number of candidates decreases before each ballot;
(b) he or she proclaims the election, after each ballot, of the person who receives the greatest number of votes or, as applicable, who is selected following the application of the procedure for breaking a tie vote.
The secretary draws up the minutes of the meeting and tables them at the next board meeting.
2016, c. 82016, c. 8, s. 4.