P-42.1 - Crop Health Protection Act

Full text
19. The owner or custodian of the seized property may apply to a judge to obtain the return of the property or the proceeds of its sale.
The application must be served on the seizor or, if proceedings are instituted, on the prosecutor.
The judge grants the application if the judge is of the opinion that the applicant will suffer serious or irreparable injury if the property is held any longer, that returning the property will not hinder the course of justice and that there is no high or imminent risk that a harmful organism or an invasive exotic species will be spread to commercial crops through the property.
2008, c. 16, s. 19.