19. The institution must, in the case of a minor, give the person having parental authority or, if there is no such person, the tutor, or in the case of a person of full age who is represented, the mandatary or tutor, notice of
(1) the decision of a physician to place the person under preventive confinement pursuant to section 7;
(2) the necessity for continued confinement, after each of the examinations required by section 10;
(3) any application presented to the Administrative Tribunal of Québec under section 21 of which the institution has been informed;
(4) the end of the confinement.
Notice must be given in writing, except a notice under subparagraph 1 of the first paragraph.
1997, c. 75, s. 19; 2020, c. 112020, c. 11, s. 2541.