17.12.14. The following sums are credited to the forestry component of the Fund: (1) the sums paid by the Minister under section 73.5 and the fourth paragraph of sections 92.0.2 and 92.0.11 of the Forest Act (chapter F-4.1) which, in addition to any related surplus, are allocated exclusively to the financing of activities connected with forest management and development;
(2) the sums collected in respect of the sale of property or services financed by the Fund;
(3) the part that exceeds $500,000 of the fines paid by offenders during a fiscal year of the Fund for an offence under the Forest Act or the regulations;
(4) the sums collected after 31 March 2003 in respect of the sale of timber confiscated by the Minister under section 203 of the Forest Act and the proceeds of the sale of the timber deposited after that date with the Ministère des Finances under section 192 of that Act following the guilty plea or conviction of an offender;
(5) the damages, including any punitive damages awarded by the court under section 172.3 of the Forest Act, paid following a civil action for damage caused to a forest in the domain of the State, in particular where the person responsible for the damage cut timber illegally;
(6) the sums paid to reimburse the costs incurred by the Minister under the second paragraph of section 59.2 of the Forest Act to establish a general forest management plan;
(7) the sums paid to reimburse the costs incurred by the Minister under the second paragraph of section 61 of the Forest Act to establish a corrective plan and the sums paid to reimburse the costs incurred by the Minister under section 61.1 of that Act to perform any contractual obligation referred to in section 60 of that Act which an agreement holder failed to perform;
(8) the interest on bank balances in proportion to the sums referred to in subparagraph 1 of this paragraph and paragraph 3 of section 17.12.13.
A portion of the sums paid under section 71 of the Forest Act by the holder of a timber supply and forest management agreement may, with government authorization, be credited to the forestry component of the Fund.
The Government determines the terms and conditions governing the payment of sums into the forestry component of the Fund as well as the activities, from among those referred to in subparagraph 1 of the first paragraph of section 17.12.12, that the sums are to be used for.
The surpluses accumulated in the forestry component are paid to the Consolidated Revenue Fund on the dates and to the extent determined by the Government, in proportion to the sums credited to the forestry component under subparagraph 2 of the first paragraph, the second paragraph and paragraph 1 of section 17.12.13.