27. The Minister, without restriction to his powers under Division VI, may establish an arable land bank for the purpose of transferring the ownership of or leasing arable land so as to promote the succession of the younger generation in agriculture, the enlargement or consolidation of family farms and the operation of unused or underused arable land.
For these purposes, the Minister may
(1) acquire any immovable at such price and on such conditions as are fixed in accordance with the regulations;
(2) carry out or cause the carrying out, on any such immovable, of maintenance, improvement or development works deemed essential to its profitability;
(3) lease such an immovable or transfer the ownership of the immovable, at such price, on such conditions and according to such criteria as are fixed in accordance with the regulations;
(4) enter into agreement with any government or agency and with any person, association or partnership.
Notwithstanding the second paragraph, the Minister may, in the cases provided for by regulation, alienate the whole or part of an immovable contemplated in the said paragraph for purposes other than those listed in the first paragraph, at such price and on such conditions as are fixed in accordance with the regulations.
The third paragraph of section 24 applies to this division.
1979, c. 66, s. 2; 1999, c. 40, s. 179.