14. In carrying out his or her mission as regards innovation, the Minister is responsible for
(1) promoting research in all its forms, including fundamental research, science, innovation and technology and fostering, in those fields, concerted action between the various players, cohesive government action and the expansion of Québec’s influence both elsewhere in Canada and abroad;
(2) contributing to developing, supporting and enhancing those fields, a scientific culture, as well as a culture of innovation and scientific knowledge, in all segments of the population of Québec;
(3) seeing to the enhancement and quality of research activities and fostering their integrity, in particular by seeking to ensure the coordination and cohesiveness of government departments’ and bodies’ activities in the fields of research and innovation;
(4) supporting academic circles and research centres, including college centres for technology transfer, that contribute to the development of research, science, innovation or technology;
(5) promoting interactions between persons and enterprises taking part in research, the transfer of their knowledge and the commercialization of the results of such research; and
(6) supporting enterprises during the stages leading up to the commercialization of their innovations and promoting the adoption of such innovations in Québec.