I-6 - Crime Victims Compensation Act

Full text
8. The claimant may elect to claim the benefit of this Act or institute civil proceedings against any person responsible for the material damage, injury or death.
If the sum awarded and collected under civil proceedings is less than the amount of the compensation the claimant would have obtained under this Act, he may invoke this Act to claim the difference by notifying the Commission and filing his application within one year from the date of the judgment.
1971, c. 18, s. 6; 1976, c. 10, s. 6.