5. The code of ethics and conduct must also set out
(1) the rules that must guide the conduct of individuals as members of a council, committee or commission of the municipality or as members of another body in their capacity as council member;
(2) the rules that must guide the conduct of those individuals after the expiry of their term as council member.
The rules must, in particular, aim to prevent
(1) any situation where the private interest of a council member might impair his or her independence of judgment in carrying out the duties of office; and
(2) (subparagraph repealed);
(3) favouritism, embezzlement, breach of trust or other misconduct.