17. No person may, in the habitat of a threatened or vulnerable plant species, carry on an activity that may alter the existing ecosystem, the present biological diversity or the physical or chemical components peculiar to that habitat.
The prohibition in the first paragraph does not apply to
(1) an activity exempted by regulation;
(2) an activity carried on in accordance with the standards or conditions of management prescribed by regulation;
(3) an activity authorized by the Minister of Sustainable Development, Environment and Parks or the Government;
(4) an activity required to repair damage caused by a catastrophe or to prevent possible damage from an apprehended catastrophe;
(5) an activity required for educational, scientific or management purposes carried on in accordance with an authorization from the Minister of Sustainable Development, Environment and Parks.
1989, c. 37, s. 17; 1994, c. 17, s. 53; 1999, c. 36, s. 133; 2006, c. 3, s. 35.