Not in force
27. A governance committee is established within the Centre. The committee is composed of the following members:
(1) the Secretary of the Conseil du trésor;
(2) the Deputy Minister of the Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux;
(3) the Deputy Minister of the Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignement supérieur; and
(4) two independent members appointed by the Government. At the expiry of their term, those members remain in office until replaced or reappointed.
A member is independent if, in the opinion of the Chair of the Conseil du trésor, the member qualifies as an independent director within the meaning of section 4 of the Act respecting the governance of state-owned enterprises (chapter G-1.02). Sections 5 to 8 and 25 of that Act apply, with the necessary modifications.
The Secretary of the Conseil du trésor is the chair of the committee.
The members of the governance committee receive no remuneration. They are, however, entitled to reimbursement of the expenses incurred in the exercise of their functions, on the conditions and to the extent determined by the Government.